Dr. Tufail Muhammad (MD, MCPS, DCH, DCPath) is a pediatrician by profession. Currently he is the Chairman of Child Rights & Abuse Committee, Pakistan Pediatric Association and Director of Regional Training Institute Peshawar. He has postgraduate qualifications and training in Pediatrics, Clinical pathology, public health and Reproductive health. Dr. Tufail Muhammad has more than 20 years experience in the field of CAN and Child protection. He has more than 30 research papers to his credit and has presented more than 60 papers at international conferences in several countries around the world.
Dr. Tufail has also conducted and published a number of community based research studies in collaboration with UNICEF, Save the Children Sweden, WHO, ILO and ECPAT International.. He has also co-authored a book (Your amazing baby) on the growth and development of Pakistani infants (published by Save the Children UK). He has also authored a number of booklets on various aspects of CAN and Child labor.
Besides his official responsibility, Dr. Tufail is also contributing his time to a number of organizations.
- Member, National Committee on Child Rights, Govt of Pakistan
- Member, National Steering Committee on Child Labor, Govt. of Pakistan
- Councilor ISPCAN (2006-12)
- Board Member ECPAT International
- Chairman Board of Directors, SPO Pakistan
- Member Boars of Trustees Fatimid Blood Transfusion and Hematology Services Pakistan
- Chairperson, Working Group against Child Sexual Abuse and Exploitation,Pakistan
Member Provincial Commission on Child Welfare and Development
- Member Executive Board, Children First, Pakistan
- Honorary Project Director ILO funded Project ”Combating Child Labor through Education and Training” Peshawar, Pakistan
Dr. Tufail has twice received the Meritorious Services Award from the President and Prime Minister of Pakistan.