Promoting Positive Parenting to Help Make the World a More Peaceful Place
March 14 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm MDT
ISPCAN, BASPCAN, NSPCC Cymru/ Wales & Children in Wales would like to invite you to attend our joint conference at the Pierhead, Cardiff
Exploring the relevance to practice in Wales of an International Study on Promoting Positive Parenting
Sponsored by: Lynne Neagle AM
Minister for Children and Social Care, Huw Irranca-Davies AM
Professor Jane Barlow, Oxford University
Dr Arnon Bentovim, Child and Family Training
Jenny Gray, OBE, ISPCAN
Enid Hendry, BASPCAN
Speakers from Wales – to be confirmed
Des Mannion – NSPCC Cymru/Wales (Morning Co-Chair)
Catriona Williams, OBE – Children in Wales (Afternoon Co-Chair)
Aims of the Conference
- To explore the relevance to practice in Wales of findings from an international study by ISPCAN on promoting positive parenting
- To identify practical ways of improving parenting practice to achieve positive outcomes for children and young people in Wales.
By the end of this event participants will be able to:
- Identify how findings and recommendations from an international study by ISPCAN on promoting positive parenting relate to practice in Wales
- Understand what is necessary for effective implementation of positive parenting interventions
- Describe practical ways of improving parenting in day-to-day practice at primary, secondary and tertiary levels of intervention.
- Professionals who coordinate and manage parenting support services.
- Professionals working directly with children and families from health, social work, early years, early intervention services, education and the independent and voluntary sector.
- Professionals with a responsibility for planning and commissioning services to promote child health and wellbeing, positive parenting and the prevention of child maltreatment.
- Coordinators on Public Service Boards in Wales.
- Educators and researchers working in the field of positive parenting and the prevention of child maltreatment.