Call for Nominations : Become an ISPCAN Global Leader
Run for our Council and help ISPCAN while bringing your career to a global platform!
Nominations are invited for vacancies of the International Society for the Prevention of Child Abuse and Neglect (ISPCAN) Council that occur every two years. Each nominee must be a member of ISPCAN in good standing for a period of at least two years (at the time of nomination deadlines) prior to election.
What are we looking for in our Council members?
We are looking for experienced professionals who have been working in the field of child abuse and neglect for a minimum of 5 years. We encourage members from all regions to apply who have a passion to bring forward regional issues, and help us provide better global support to our membership. In addition to expertise in the field of child abuse and neglect, candidates who have skills in fundraising, financial and human management, communications and marketing, training, and strategic planning are especially encouraged to apply.
What does a Councilor do?
- Councilors are required to participate in monthly committee calls, and be an active participant in discussions, votes, and conference committee or other committee assignments
- Participate in one annual Council meeting
- Travel as needed to support 2 of the 3 ISPCAN annual congresses
- Convene at least 1 ISPCAN Working Group
- Fund raise for ISPCAN in your region and globally
- Serve as Ambassadors for their regions and help promote membership
- Be willing to donate minimum 10 hours/month for committee work, editing documents, e-voting on new and improved measures for the organization, help determine new strategic directions to better ISPCAN
- Donate in kind time and/ or provide a financial pledge to the organization in the way of providing training, webinars, grant writing, document editing, and partnership building with other strategic organizations.
- Must abide by ISPCAN Child Safeguarding policy and confirm to having no civil or criminal history, adjudications or findings of having committed crimes against children or violent crimes against others.
- Serve a 6 year term
Each interested candidate must complete:
- An Online Nominee Form that also requires the attachment of 2 Letters of Recommendation from two other ISPCAN members in good standing when the nomination period is opened later this year.
Newly elected Councilors must attend the following ISPCAN International Congress for orientation. Councilors are required to attend all annual meetings of the Council, which typically meets immediately after the Congress for 2 days.
6 Vacancies for Council in 2020
Councilors leaving Council: Sue Bennett (Canada), Victoria Lidchi (UK), Bernard Gerbaka (Lebanon), Figen Dagli (Turkey), and Peter van der Linden (the Netherlands). Tufail Muhammad will be finished with his term but staying on as past president.
Councilor up for re-election: Kevin Lalor (Ireland)
If there are more than twice as many nominations as vacancies, the executive council will produce a short list of nominations, which will be no less than twice the vacancies on council. (ISPCAN Standing Orders 3.22-3.23)
Timelines (all deadlines by end of the day 5pm in Denver MST):
Nominations Open: October 15, 2019
Close of Nomination Forms: Due December 15, 2019 (CLOSED NOW)
Shortlist selection of candidates: Jan. 15, 2020 (We have a maximum of 12 candidates on the ballot)
Voting period: Jan 31-March 31, 2020
Election Results announced Friday, May 1, 2020