Become an ISPCAN Global Leader
Run for our Council and help ISPCAN while bringing your career to a global platform!
Nominations are invited for vacancies of the International Society for the Prevention of Child Abuse and Neglect (ISPCAN) Council that occur every two years. Each nominee must be a member of ISPCAN in good standing for a period of at least three years prior to election.
What are we looking for in our Council members?
We are looking for experienced professionals who have been working in the field of child abuse and neglect for a minimum of 5 years. We encourage members from all regions to apply who have a passion to bring forward regional issues, and help us provide better global support to our membership. In addition to expertise in the field of child abuse and neglect, candidates who have skills in fundraising, financial and human management, communications and marketing, training, and strategic planning are especially encouraged to apply.
What does a Councilor do?
- Councilors are required to participate in monthly committee calls, and be an active participant in discussions, votes, and conference committee or other committee assignments
- Participate in one annual Council meeting
- Travel as needed to support 2 of the 3 ISPCAN annual regional congresses
- Convene at least 1 ISPCAN Working Group
- Serve as Ambassadors for their regions and help promote membership
- Be willing to donate 5 to 6 hours/month for committee work, editing documents, e-voting on new and improved measures for the organization, help determine new strategic directions to better ISPCAN
- Donate in kind time and/ or provide a financial pledge to the organization in the way of providing training, webinars, grant writing, document editing, and partnership building with other strategic organizations.
- Serve a 6 year term
Each interested candidate must complete:
- An Online Nominee Form that also requires the attachment of 2 Letters of Recommendation from two other ISPCAN members in good standing.(Click here for form)
The final ballot will be available on ISPCAN’s website (www.ispcan.org) on 15 January. All ballots must be received by 15 February. All paid members in good standing at the time of voting are eligible to vote. Newly elected Councilors will be notified of the election results by e-mail after 30 February.
Newly elected Councilors must attend the following ISPCAN International Congress for orientation. Councilors are required to attend all annual meetings of the Council, which typically meets immediately after the Congress for 2 days. All nomination forms MUST be postmarked or received by midnight MST on 1st of December. Incomplete nominations at the deadline will be disqualified.