Regional Resource Center in Latin America (CRRAL)
ISPCAN recognizes the need for a center to facilitate the search for study materials and training in Spanish and Portuguese for those working in this field. CRRAL's mission is to contribute to the dissemination of resources evaluated by specialists and / or based on evidence to strengthen the prevention, detection and intervention in child protection issues in the region.
The center aims to promote training, networking, contribute to the search for tools for professionals, operators / as and the general public of the Spanish- and Portuguese- speaking Latin American countries .
To meet the regional needs of child abuse prevention professionals, we provide virtual tools, resources, and e-learning modules on topics such as:
- Child abuse in general
- Physical abuse
- Emotional abuse
- child sexual abuse
- Dating Violence
- domestic violence
- regulatory frameworks
- Program Evaluation
- Systematizing of intervention
- Violence through new technologies (ICTs), among others
We will have the advice of recognized / as national and international experts to select the proposed materials.
Among the activities the resources center provides, they also have the possibility to host regional events and / or assist in organizing them.
- Co-hosted a training event with Argentina Association for Mental Health (AASM), featuring Dr. David Finkelhor. Virtual viewing available: click here
- Networked during a Gobierno de Cantabria Child Protection Services training
- Added several new resources in Spanish available on website
Click here to visit the website for Latin America Regional Resource Center
Click here to download the center's presentation from ISPCAN's Congress in Calgary